Sunday, July 28, 2013

When we went to Comic Con. Kind of.

I love to read, but I don't like comic books.  I wasn't allowed to watch cartoons growing up, so I don't love cartoons.  I'm a 31-year-old mother of 3, so it's probably fair to say I'm not hip or up on pop culture.  Do people even say "hip" anymore?

All the same, Comic Con is pretty cool.

I wish I could say we had actual tickets, but there is a remarkable amount of stuff to see for free, just by walking around. And of course, the people watching is free, and probably the BEST people watching you will ever see.  We went last year without the kids (my sainted parents had them for a week in Utah!), but the kids had a blast with us this year.  

I was trying to think how to caption these, but most are sort of beyond captions.







 Ok, this one deserves a caption.  We got to do the Ender's Game experience.  I LOVE Ender's Game.  Sorry, Katie, that I never gave your book back.  It was a defining book of my teenage years and beyond.  So I was a crazed, geeky mess to find out we could do the Ender's Game experience (walking through actual set pieces!) without actual tickets.  We even got dog tags and printed IF cards.


 Running the desks at battle school.

 Looking into the battle room.  Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

 Brad saw this and said "hey, that's cool!"  I said "yeah, it's a star from the Battle Room.  Obviously."

 Ender's flash suit.





1 comment:

  1. We'd better not show this to Megan. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete