For some reason, only half of the pictures I was uploading uploaded. So my mother-in-law's visit and Gabe's first day of school will have to wait. But here are some of our other September happenings!
The kids "diving" into the ocean at the San Diego History Museum.
My mom and Luke at the San Diego History museum. They had a fun exhibit on the history of tuna fishing that I actually highly recommend!
Betsy's first day of preschool (a little neighborhood co-op).
Grandma Clytee and all the kids.
On the way to the beach to search for Mitt Romney's house.
Lunch at Caroline's cafe. Go there! It's great!
Last dinner before my mom headed home and left me to fend for myself (luckily, we are all still alive!).
Luke, already outgrowing his going-home outfit.
Bowling! Gabe almost beat us all.
The pro bowler.
Betsy and her favorite shoes.
The kids like to go boating and fishing in our living room. Don't worry, they just release anything they catch.
Little snuggly boy.
The San Juan Capistrano Mission. Best mission in California, in our opinion (and we have gone to a lot of them!).
Gabe and Betsy making rubbings in the children's room.
No caption necessary.
By the koi pond at the mission.
Part of the original ruins.
At the LA Temple visitor's center. This was a room depicting Old Jerusalem.
The Christus statue. Betsy ran in yelling "Hi Jesus!"
In front of the LA temple. I had no idea how big it was! I also learned that it was built on the lot of a silent film star's home.
Palm tree. Just because.
Again, no caption needed.
A friend gave us the tip to eat at Diddy Riese cookies in Westwood, near UCLA. Good tip! They have yummy ice cream sandwiches.
A Southern California sunset from the Santa Monica Pier.
Luke enjoying the sunset.
Also on the Santa Monica Pier.
Betsy really wanted to ride the crazy rides, but we just watched them and ate hamburgers.
The Santa Monica Pier is the very end of Route 66.
Camping in the Laguna Mountains. Yes, we took a 6-week-old baby camping. And in some respects, I think it was actually easier than taking, say, a crawling baby or a just-walking baby camping. He just stayed with me the whole time!
Brad and Betsy on the trail.
Me. But I just realized that we didn't document Luke being there! Darn.
Exploring around the campground. This was a cool fort that some previous camper had built. Gabe is MADE for camping - I don't think he stopped smiling for two days. He loves everything about it.
Gabe has been begging to pull out his old Sunday clothes for Luke to wear. Finally this last Sunday, Luke was big enough for something other than a sleeper at church.




































So...did you find Mitt Romney's beach house? I heard 47% of Americans can't find it without help.
ReplyDeleteLuke sure is growing and changing fast. I bet he looks different by the time we see him. Thanks for posting new photos of him.
Oh, there isn't anything wrong with taking a 6-week-old camping. We took a 6-week-old to the desert for a 6-month field season once upon a time.