Sunday, February 12, 2012

Girls and Guns

So I only have sisters. And so it's true that the number of gun games that boys come up with - naturally - kind of took me by surprise. Because I remember a lot more playing "orphan" and "Little House" than playing guns.

But when I say we didn't do guns at all it's kind of a lie. Because I do remember repeatedly taping together the two Big Bird puzzle pieces that, combined, looked sort of like a gun. And I loved it.

So when I say that Betsy plays guns because she has a brother? That might not be the only reason. But maybe I could make the argument that girls like to make guns, not just shoot them. Case in point:

She was really proud of her Lego gun. And blasted everything in sight. While her brother made a fire truck to put out all of her negligent fires.


All fires were put out. It must be nice to have an older brother to clean up your messes.

PS - I don't know why half of my post has to be aligned center. Blogger claims it's aligned left. It's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment